I did it! I made it on the leaderboard for the first time ever at crossfit tonight! I’m still feeling a little giddy about it.
There’s a big whiteboard in the gym where everyone’s times/scores/weights for the day get written down as they complete the wod. You get an ‘Rx’ next to your name if you did the workout as prescribed, meaning the suggested weights or reps or whatever….no scaling down, the real deal. The first Rx’d workout I accomplished was a big deal and they still aren’t very common. Amidst all the stuff on the whiteboard is a leaderboard where the Top 3 males and females are written for the day.
Complete 5 rounds of 20 wallball shots (16#) and 10 burpees
The leaderboard gets updated throughout the day. Lucky for me, I went to the last class of the day so my name is up there to stay…until the board gets cleaned off later tonight. I’ll take my few hours of glory. 🙂
grilled mesquite pork chop, sauerkraut, mashed potatoes (psych! it’s cauliflower)
I had a celebratory vodka soda with some of the crossfit gang at the bar next door. By the time we were back home, I was starved and knew it needed to be something quick. I had pulled out pork chops earlier in the day to defrost. I coated them with olive oil and sprinkled on a mesquite seasoning mix I got at Marshall’s recently (yup, you read that correctly). The chops were thrown on the grill for a few minutes on each side. I have a weird thing about needing sauerkraut with pork chops. So, there was some of that on the side. Also on the side was one of my favorites- mashed cauliflower. It literally is so ridiculously easy and delicious. Pretty much just like mashed potatoes!
- 1 head cauliflower
- sea salt and pepper
- garlic powder
- Cut head of cauliflower into small florets, stalks and all.
- Place in large bowl.
- Add 1/4 cup water to bowl.
- Cover and microwave 5 minutes. Stir up florets. Microwave another 6 minutes.
- At this point, the cauliflower should be fairly soft.
- Mash it up! You can use a traditional potato masher. I use my Cuisinart Smartstick and it’s ridiculously fast. The thing is seriously amazing.
- Once it’s the consistency you’d like, add in seasonings. This can be whatever you’d like- any fresh or dried herbs. Garlic powder, sea salt, and pepper is a safe bet.
Dinner turned out delicious and it didn’t take long to make…my favorite kind of meal. I’m off to relax for a bit while I watch a creepy Dateline. Happy weekend!